Wednesday, May 1, 2013

polyester catastrophe!





Days to hand in: 7

With only a few days left to print its all becoming very tense and strange in the studio. I've bitched and moaned my way through this course but I will undoubtedly miss being there once i've graduated. Its become a homely space for me, I've spent the best part of 3 years walking around those tables and i dont think i've realised, until now, that im comforted by it. Essentially, i dont want to be thrown into the 'real world'- i want to stay working at my lovely desk, pondering out the window. 

Anyways...I printed onto a garment today, a coral coloured polyester tunic- the emphasis on polyester! I was seriously pleased with the outcome until it came to light that the procion dye that I have printed with with wash away. AGH! i was too excited to be printing onto an actual dress to check the fabric. im such a numpty! Tomorrow I'll be re-printing it with pigments... because i have the time to do that... :s

No comments:

Post a Comment